ROV Code Help

Anything to do with programing the Arduino Platform.
michelletotilo

ROV Code Help

Post by michelletotilo »

Hello all,
I am trying to create an arduino system that uses a playstation controller to control the 4 DC motors and 2 servos. The setup is shown in the diagram below. (is the arduino setup valid?) Can someone point me in the direction of the code I need to do this? I've never coded anything before so any help is good help:)
Thanks
master_spoon

Re: ROV Code Help

Post by master_spoon »

Assuming you haven't bought the shileds yet, you could use the Easy Transfer and PS2 Controller libraries and save a bit of money. Also, I don't think an Ethernet shield is the best way to transfer data between Arduinos. Might run too slow, but I'm not really sure.

As for me, I plan on using a USB game pad to control my Arduino using a RS-485 cable. I'll post more when I have some code show.
fryslan76

Post by fryslan76 »

You migth wanna think about the powersource for the camera and arduino. Try to keep it separted from the motors, solves some problems with the image quality. The other snag in this design is the length of the usb cable for your camera.
michelletotilo

Post by michelletotilo »

Master Spoon---
Could you point me in the direction of how to use a ps2 controller with the DualShock shield to control four DC motors and 2 servos. I am new to all of this and I'm trying to further my knowledge on arduinos; however, most of the links I find have been to complex for me to discover.
Any Help Would Be Appreciated,
Lucas
kenl

Post by kenl »

Have you read the work that Nick has done? He has several posts on this site (njs552) and now also has set up his own site https://sites.google.com/site/underwaterrovproject/home

It's been a while since he has posted so he may have headed off on a different tangent for the time being.