Basic Outline, Arduino tcp/ip & cat5

Anything to do with programing the Arduino Platform.
a_shorething

Re: Basic Outline, Arduino tcp/ip & cat5

Post by a_shorething »

rossrov wrote:Yep, that sounds very sloppy of the "manufacturer". Maybe they don't bother too much because the vast majority of users wouldn't know or care about anything beyond the standard UI.
The pan and tilt commands you actually got to work (saw your post on other forum) are from memory the same as for my Foscam clone. Have you tried to use the Foscam documentation for any other functions yet?
I found the clone's pan and tilt to be way too slow anyway so if tilt needed would use a servo.
I've tried several different permutations of Foscam and some other ones I found online (figuring it was probably copied straight from someone else's code) and didn't figure it out yet.

I'm pretty sure version 1.0 of my ROV won't be using that camera after all so I'm not pursuing that avenue right now. I'm going to try the Raspberry Pi w/HD camera board that wires right into it as a webserver. At least that is open source and I may have a chance of getting it to do what I want or finding someone who can tell me how to. I agree the servo is probably the way to go rather than wait for a pre-packaged motor speed to get me there whenever it wants to.

It was pretty cool getting the pan/tilt to work from the XBOX controller though. A good test of the speed of the code and reaction of the camera.