Sthone's Workshop

Show of your work spaces.
sthone

Sthone's Workshop

Post by sthone »

I'll get the ball rolling.....

I'm sure some of you have seen the shop pictures I posted on my main site, if not here's a few excerpts...
shopold.jpg
shopold.jpg (71.02 KiB) Viewed 8215 times
shopold2.jpg
shopold2.jpg (77.34 KiB) Viewed 8215 times
I've moved since those pictures were taking so I thought I would throw up a couple of my new space. While it's set up similar to my old shop it's not as nice (or should I say finished) because I knew it wouldn't be permanent. My present workspace is a 17' x 17' room on the back of my garage under the apartment which I currently rent.
Workshop001.jpg
Workshop001.jpg (724.71 KiB) Viewed 8215 times
This first picture is looking in from the doorway, my main work bench is seen on the left hand side and the bench along the back wall is dedicated to my shooting sports.
Workshop002.jpg
Workshop002.jpg (666.09 KiB) Viewed 8215 times
This next picture is just a better view of the main work bench, I haven't gotten around to adding doors or the rest of the drawers like my last bench had.
Workshop003.jpg
Workshop003.jpg (786.84 KiB) Viewed 8215 times
This is the Junk Wall where I just pile up all the odds and ends of life as well as some of my other hobbies.
Workshop004.jpg
Workshop004.jpg (738.45 KiB) Viewed 8215 times
More junk and my tool boxes.....
Workshop005.jpg
Workshop005.jpg (686.75 KiB) Viewed 8215 times
More junk gets stacked in the corner too. :)
Workshop006.jpg
Workshop006.jpg (680.65 KiB) Viewed 8215 times
...and of course the machining tools, my first Rov the Stinger was built with nothing more then the drill press shown.
Workshop007.jpg
Workshop007.jpg (646.85 KiB) Viewed 8215 times
This is about all the actual space on the bench I have to work on though.
Workshop008.jpg
Workshop008.jpg (754.83 KiB) Viewed 8215 times
Although I have been know to clutter up the space on my shooting bench too on occasion.

Overall this space worked out much better than my last shop that was in a detached garage because I actually have heat here and can work all year, the only down side is the lack of electrical plugs and lighting but there's just some things you have to live with when you rent. Of course all this is subject to change in the next month or two because I will probably be moving once again.

That's my show and tell for now.........(to be continued)

-Steve 8-)
ERIEWRECKDIVER

Re: Sthone's Workshop

Post by ERIEWRECKDIVER »

WOW. What a "Man Cave". No wonder you have been so successful with ROVs.
Brodgesell60335

Re: Sthone's Workshop

Post by Brodgesell60335 »

Nice shop. Soooooo much space, if only my bike wasn't taking up mine. Noticed you fly planes as well.
I did to for a short time. Got good at the kamakazi thing and then too expensive. Seems to me you have it right, lathe and milling machine are must haves.