Pressure compensation

Anything to do with Propulsion.
dressur4

Pressure compensation

Post by dressur4 »

I have a question. can you compensate pressure in a thruster with air?? I want to use a bilge pump enclosure. If I can put in a pressure compensator like a syringe with a little neoprene or appropriate hose conected to a barbed fitting on the motor housing and on the end of the syringe. i can get any size from the feed store. I know you can compensate with liquid filled enclosures.. but what about air. I mean if it emplodes it wouldn't do much damage.... I want to use bilge pumps down to 300 feet which is a useful depth for around here with the deeper lakes Thanks for advice.
olegodo

Re: Pressure compensation

Post by olegodo »

Yes it would work, but with air you get a buoyancy problem.
As you go down and the air compresses, the displacement shrinks and you loose buoyancy. :|
dressur4

Re: Pressure compensation

Post by dressur4 »

I am only wanting to do that with the thrusters not the main hull. I could get brushless motors and oil fill the enclosures but oil in brushed motors won't work. but will in a brushless design. I could build my own enclosures with the waterproof seal on my Neptunes. but I don't know I can get them or 15 a piece. I am sure with il in the enclosures it will keep the water out. I don't know.