750kv Brushless Motor + 30A ESC + Custom ROV Control Board

Anything to do with Propulsion.
njs552

750kv Brushless Motor + 30A ESC + Custom ROV Control Board

Post by njs552 »

Hi,

Here is a video from another test of my brushless ROV thruster to see what the maximum current draw is.

The propeller is attached to the outrunner more securely than most because of the way the NTM prop adapter works. It actually bolts to the face of the outrunner with machine screws, so there is no collet or set screw that can slip as the main coupling. Next I have a 5mm drive dog that is secured to the prop adapter with a set screw. However, since the propeller that goes on next is actually tapped for M5 threading, it secured double to the prop adapter.

One downside is that the propeller is designed to work best in one direction, so reverse will be a bit slower than forward.

I am using my custom ROV control board on top of the test tank, so that is working as well.

Thanks,
njs552
KR2_Diving
Location: Currently: NW Suburbs of Chicago. Originally: NE Wisconsin

Re: 750kv Brushless Motor + 30A ESC + Custom ROV Control Boa

Post by KR2_Diving »

great post! Setup looks good!
Really wishing my kit was not all boxed up half way across the world at this time... Moving sucks!
njs552

Re: 750kv Brushless Motor + 30A ESC + Custom ROV Control Boa

Post by njs552 »

Thanks! I am hoping to do another test, but with my power converter supplying 12v instead of a 12v battery as the power source. :)

How long does it take to ship everything half way around the world?

Thanks,
njs552