Mag coupling version 3.0 vid (updated new video 1/25/15)

Anything to do with Propulsion.
perfo

Re: Mag coupling version 3.0 vid (updated new video 1/25/15)

Post by perfo »

I just built my Makibox I was pretty upset about the bask lash and thought I'd brought my self a pile of doo doo.. But I doing something really strange and reading the instructions I've got to tune the X and Y and print head to get rid of the back lash.. Sooo I'll have a go of that later.. I've had a little play with inventor to slic3r and plan to use the config files you can get from Makibox for their ABS.
a_shorething

Post by a_shorething »

perfo wrote:I just built my Makibox I was pretty upset about the bask lash and thought I'd brought my self a pile of doo doo.. But I doing something really strange and reading the instructions I've got to tune the X and Y and print head to get rid of the back lash.. Sooo I'll have a go of that later.. I've had a little play with inventor to slic3r and plan to use the config files you can get from Makibox for their ABS.
Yeah, from what I've seen and read so far home 3D printers come in three categories:
1. The kind you put a LOT of money into
2. The kind you put a LOT of time into
3. The kind you put a LOT of time AND money into.

They all have a learning curve, and no two of them (even the same model from the same manufacturer) seem to have the same set of problems or work 'out of the box'.

Hang in there, it's a long road paved with lots of really bad prints and sometimes quite a bit of frustration, but the results are there.
perfo

Post by perfo »

It only took me around 2 to 3 hours to assemble and maybe another hour fiddling and tuning (installing software). It's cost me £229 for all the bits. SO I can't complain about the time or cost at the moment but then it doesn't really fall in to the category of a 3D printer yet as it wont print anything : (
Due to falling at the first hurdle. Tuned the X and Y and print head and found the tuning instruction didn't actually do much. It is better but still way too much backlash for my liking. Anyway get it working I thought and come up with a cunning plan to kill back lash later. I installed and fiddled with slic3r and Repeatier host... and got them talking to each other and the printer and Inventor. All axis moving as expected... nearly there for my first print , then hmmm disaster I now find out the print head is not heating and the reason being the temperature indication is reading -37 degrees. The heating element in the print head works it's just the temp measurement and of course without that I can't do anything :(( I've sent an email off to the suppliers so I'll see what happens.
perfo

Post by perfo »

I wont hijack the thread too much .. maybe start another about my 3D printer... Or nearly 3D printer..
a_shorething

Post by a_shorething »

perfo wrote:I wont hijack the thread too much .. maybe start another about my 3D printer... Or nearly 3D printer..
Sounds good, I'll watch for it.