OPENROV

Any miscellaneous pieces and parts that don't fit in the above forums.
sthone

OPENROV

Post by sthone »

This looks like it could be interesting to a lot of us http://openrov.com/ have to wait and see what becomes of it.
OpenROV_intro.jpg
OpenROV_intro.jpg (232.03 KiB) Viewed 4484 times
-Steve :sting:
sthone

Re: OPENROV

Post by sthone »

Has anyone here taking the plunge on one of the OPENROVS yet?

I was planing on trying to get my hands on one this winter to do a full documented build on my site but my truck decided it wanted some money thrown at in instead so that idea is going to have to wait a little longer. I've seen some talk lately so I'm just curious of anyone's opinion if they had hands on one yet.

-Steve :sting:
simpleben77

Post by simpleben77 »

Hi Steve,

I am just waiting for my monthly pay and i am going to purchase one. they will be due for delivery in April and will keep you posted.
fluxno

Post by fluxno »

i found the openrov project in november, and have followed it since. I've also started being involved with discussions on the forums, making some drawings and stuff like that.
I've started gathering all the parts on my own and have ordered the custom cape from OpenROV.
After i started buying parts i quickly realised that i live in the most expensive country in the world, and i'm almost at the same cost as the whole kit with just buying the webcam, beaglebone, cape, motors, and speedcontrollers. So i decided to buy a complete kit, and use all the parts i've ordered for development/testing/spares.

I think the project is quite good, but i will probably make some modifications on my own, with diffrent motors, other battery system and maybe machined endlids.
nitelife222

Post by nitelife222 »

Here is an interview with the company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxeK16pdoyE