Crazy idea.

Any miscellaneous pieces and parts that don't fit in the above forums.
jeff

Re: Crazy idea.

Post by jeff »

I've got enough trouble getting one camera working. Trying to work on a shoestring budget here in the uk, I'me unemployed at the moment and pennys are tight, useing anything I can beg or borrow. Stilll some of the BEST inventors were always broke. Have fun guys, Happy divings.............
Callaflower

Post by Callaflower »

On another thought, instead of using a computer to merge images and to have that put on a 3d tv. Would it work to position your 2 cameras to a 3d image. Then would it work to have each camera go to a seperate monitor. Such as a 1 inch monocular inspection monitor and set it up as a binocular. I don't know if it would work, but it seems like it would.

My idea would include these monitors.
http://www.supercircuits.com/security-m ... tor-mon1c2

Then you wouldn't have any issue with sunlight on the screen. Just a thought.
thegadgetguy

Post by thegadgetguy »

It seems like it would work to me as well. Sadly, I only have one "video monocular" (not sure what you would call these things?) on hand or else I could find out for sure. If you try it out, I at least would love to see the results. Trying to grab something with a manipulator is very hard without depth perception!
ROVEnthusiast

Post by ROVEnthusiast »

I would assume 3D is used commercially because it allows for much better depth perception and therefore, more accurate, cost effective work.
m_g

Post by m_g »

ROVEnthusiast wrote:I would assume 3D is used commercially because it allows for much better depth perception and therefore, more accurate, cost effective work.
Importantly, it also allows the images to be used to make direct measurements...eg you can measure (using the appropriate software e.g SeaGIS) the lengths of fish, measure diameters of bolts, cracks in hulls, or whatever you are inspecting. You can't do this with 2D video, since you don't know where the fish/object is on the z axis (i.e is it so big just because its really close??!!)
ROVEnthusiast

Post by ROVEnthusiast »

I wish I could afford to do that for my ROV!