DIY Depth Water Chamber

Any miscellaneous pieces and parts that don't fit in the above forums.
Toffe

DIY Depth Water Chamber

Post by Toffe »

Hi.

I'm onto the idea of making my own depth testing chamber for down to 100 meters ( 10 bar ).

Now, i want to make a pressure tube with a see through glass, an adjustable relief valve (5bar, 10bar). Now are there ANY idea on where to start?

I mean, i got a 2.5bar water pump i can hook up to a water source (bucket?) and fill a pvc tubing chamber. But that wont make more than 2.5bar pressure either (?). So any alternative tip on how to reach the 10 bar? Should i use air? (hand pump, bicycle?) how does this really work?
sthone

Re: DIY Depth Water Chamber

Post by sthone »

I made simple one out of PVC (http://www.homebuiltrovs.com/pressurechamber.html) that's good to about 95psi using a garden hose (depending on your water pressure) but you might try asking the Openrov guys they made a cool one that you can actually see whats going on. http://community.openrov.com/profiles/b ... in-the-lab

-Steve :sting:
Toffe

Post by Toffe »

My house have 3 bar pressure so don't think that will work. :-) the openrov chamber is a little small. Need to fit my whole hull inside it. So more than 110 circle and 1 meter length
sthone

Post by sthone »

Is that 110mm? If so maybe a 6" PVC pipe would work but I'm not sure how much pressure they can take. The bigger the pipe the less they can take, plus they cost a lot more too.

-Steve :sting:
Toffe

Post by Toffe »

Found a 160mm pipe (5 meters) for 80 bucks. Can tolerate up to 10 bar. PVC tubing, but dont know enough to know how to add caps and add pressure relif valves e.t.c so hoped someone had a diy for something simulare.
fryslan76

Post by fryslan76 »

Hi Toffe,

No personal experience with this, but check out dive forums. A lot of DIY stuff there and also some pressure chambers.

Regards,

Fryslan