Quadcopters

Any miscellaneous pieces and parts that don't fit in the above forums.
CLYON

Quadcopters

Post by CLYON »

Has anyone ever thought of using ideas from the Quadcopter world? The controllers are pretty cheap and include a lot of smarts. I really like the thought of "Flying" through the water.

Chuck
Moki

Re: Quadcopters

Post by Moki »

Most controllers work on 2.4Ghz... They don't work underwater.

Something to do with the frequency from water itself.

But a lot of the ideas for my raspberry pi software, came from the quadcopter world ;)
scubersteve

Post by scubersteve »

I had thought about using one of the gyroscope chips from a quadcopter to make use of the auto-leveling feature which would be handy when picking something up off the bottom.
I'm just not sure about it being able to deal with reversing vertical thrusters.
KR2_Diving
Location: Currently: NW Suburbs of Chicago. Originally: NE Wisconsin

Post by KR2_Diving »

Most of my video harware is the same stuff used on FOV quads...
works pretty well... anything that connects to the radio receiver's "servo" channels can easily be controlled with any pwm pin on a microcontroller...
and any thing that would connect to a video transmitter can easily be hard wired!
kenl

Post by kenl »

I build and fly Quads regularly, more often than I fiddle with my ROV, the flight control board is basically an Ardiuno with the sensors already on the board. The early boards used UNOs with 10dof breakouts or even earlier they used the accelerometers out of the wii nun-chuck devices.

The rest is just a sketch that is uploaded to the board, a very intense sketch at that.

As for control a tether can be used, all of the Tx/Rx pins have been broken out so normal serial data can be used. It should be noted that not all pins are broken out, particularly on the boards using the ATmega chip.

This is the board I am playing at the moment http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261491848852 ... 1439.l2649