New design ROV - System for underwater dive

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
Tom654321

New design ROV - System for underwater dive

Post by Tom654321 »

Hi to all,
I am studding Rov and i plan to create one. Currently i would like to create the system for the dive. A small tank that will be receive water and the Rov will be dive and when the water get out of the tank the go to the surface.

I plan to use pressure sensor to calculate the level of the water to the tank and water will be use to transfer the water .

I need your valuable advices for guys to face this issues and also if there are any suggested design it will be more than welcome to be received .
fryslan76

Re: New design ROV - System for underwater dive

Post by fryslan76 »

I did not do the math for displacement and depth corrections, but I think it would be a good place to start. Calculating back from the depth you want to dive to the required volume of the bladder in the ROV. Also watch some youtube movies about people who have been working with this principle and the challenges they faced.
bigbadbob

Re: New design ROV - System for underwater dive

Post by bigbadbob »

I toyed with this idea too.... diving was simple enough but my air pump wasn't powerfull enough to overcome the water pressure when I wanted to surface so I abandoned that idea.
You would need a high pressure air pump or run a pneumatic tube down the umbilical to supply high pressure air which would force the water out of the tanks when you want to surface.
If your ROV is big enough you could have a high pressure air reservoir and a regulator on board and use a solenoid valve to "blow" the tanks.