NATALUS - ROV

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
Jaman42

Re: NATALUS - ROV

Post by Jaman42 »

Not sure if anyone is following my slow progress here, in case there are I just wanted to let you know that my project is on hold atm in favor of building a house for me and my family. Off course I included a small 9m² workshop where I can work on stuff like this. I am really looking forward to having a dedicated spot not having to move around all the parts and tools every single time I am doing some work on the ROV. Deadline is midsummer next year so I am hoping to be able to get my ROV wet a couple of months after that.
Silver dollar

Post by Silver dollar »

I follow your progress with great interest.
Congrats to your new house.
Jaman42

Post by Jaman42 »

Hi guys!
We have been living in our new house for one and a half year now and we are finally getting settled in. Yesterday I started to clean up the workshop and went and retrieved all my ROV parts from storage. Today I plan on finishing cleaning up in there and continue with the project, FINALLY! :)
fryslan76

Post by fryslan76 »

That sounds so familair, enjoy your "new" house and the progress.
medemt

Post by medemt »

Any updates? Would love to see more on this design.
Jaman42

Post by Jaman42 »

To be honest with you I ditched this project. I am a bit disappointed in myself that I didn't finish it but it started to feel more and more like a burden, I learnt a lot so it's not all wasted. I always felt a bit limited by the tether and that it was going to be a bit of a hassle to bring everything with me. I haven't started anything new yet but I am a tinkerer so I will be starting a new project. I really like automation so I've started planning in my head for an AUV instead. I got most of the components already so it's time to do some planning so I can get started.