Rov from Norway,is scrapped for good

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
RoarRoar

Rov from Norway,is scrapped for good

Post by RoarRoar »

Here is my homebuild rov, i have use many hour to build this rov,its not finished yet.

This rov have 3 Thrusters with magnetic coupling.(propeller 100MM,brushless motors with gear)

You can,rotate the internal chassis, at 180 degrees (up and down)

I will use two Arduino to control this rov,( like KR2_Diving have done(uno and
Arduino MEGA2560 with Max 488 IC and PS2 Controller (I have anything experience of any microcontroller,programming, sow i need help when i start on this job. I have buy almost everything in from this post:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=803&p=5351&hilit=Arduino#p535

I have use 3 ESC from Castle Creation Hydra HV 60,when i buy it from http://www.modellbauparadies.de its cost only 60 Euro,now 90 Euro.

I will spray-paint the buoyancy yellow.

Last edited by RoarRoar on Oct 26th, 2016, 3:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
hazzyb

Re: Rov from Norway

Post by hazzyb »

look's awesome so far, like the pipe work for the thruster cables, neat idea that, and some nice machining on them aswell !!!
KR2_Diving
Location: Currently: NW Suburbs of Chicago. Originally: NE Wisconsin

Post by KR2_Diving »

LOOKS REALLY GOOD!!

I really like your thrusters and the design of your frame!

As you start with the programming, feel free to ask me any questions, and I will try to help best I can!

Ryan
"KR2_Diving"
Toffe

Post by Toffe »

Hello Fellow norwegian ROV'er :)

Wondered about your thrusters, what depth are you thinking to gain with them? And will they work in both salt and fresh water? I'm looking for a thruster for 50m depth atleast. Tips and ideas, please tell me :)
ROVEnthusiast

Post by ROVEnthusiast »

No offense, but this looks like you ripped off OpenRov for its body design, thruster placement, and acrylic tube.
Northwind

Post by Northwind »

Hi ROVEnthusiast et al,

I too am looking at a similar design to this. Inspired by http://www.seabotix.com/index.html layout, not openrov.

Have to say those thrusters look great. Inspiring ! Did you make the magnetic couplings or purchase them in ? would love to hear some more details on them.

If you ever decide to publish the plans, I'd love a copy !

Well done.
RoarRoar

Post by RoarRoar »

I have make the magnetic couplings myself, i have use round 10MM X 10MM (Neodymium)

One thruster have 12 magnet,6 in each couplings,to protect the magnet in sea water,i have use epoxy plastic (thin layer)

Aluminium i have use on thruster,is marine corrosion resistant, and propeller shaft is stainless steel (316), ball-bearing is stainless steel also but only (304)

Its extremely simple to screw off the magnetic couplings and rinse out in fresh water,after use in sea water.

Brushless motor,Leopard LBP4074/4B 1400kv with gear 20:1 reduction ratio(The gear box,have i made, I have use gear from a Magnum 775 Planetary Gearmotor)

In the rov,I have a DC - DC Converters,its a Mean Well SD-500H-24,(21amp) I will send 144DC volt down to the rov,Converters need only 4 amp if i use 144DC volt (8amp 72DC volt)

I think to buy a videoray Tether,Buoyancy need to be Neutral and have 8 conduction. but its to expensive for me, i Don`t now,how much a used Tether cost,if possible to get one? (with out the the Termination (plug)

I will also make a Manipulator Arm to my rov,but I need to finished the rov first,and test it.
Northwind

Post by Northwind »

Thanks for the oversight Roadroar. Very interesting approach. Would you mind me asking what type of hoses you are using for the cable ducting. Is that hydraulic or pneumatic hose and flanges ?

Keep up the good work.
robe_uk

Post by robe_uk »

Great build,
RoarRoar

Post by RoarRoar »

I have used,silicon hose,because it`s extremely flexible,then
Expandable Braided Polyester Sleeving to protection silicon hose.

I have make flanges of aluminium and stainless steel to fit silicon hose.
Wall thickness of silicon hose is 1,5mm