I'm jumping in!

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
olegodo

Re: I'm jumping in!

Post by olegodo »

Thanks!
Hopefully I will be able to finalize my props this weekend before I leave for holidays next week 8-)

I have also started looking for a current sensor that I can use with my arduino. Anyone her have any experience with this? I am thinking around 100A max
olegodo

Post by olegodo »

No further testing done yet :roll:

But I have spent some time modeling all the mounting pieces for my thrusters.
It's a lot of nuts and bolts, but shouldn't be a big problem.
Horizontal thrusters are angeled at 20degrees, but can be rotated to 30degrees.
All yellow and red parts in the pictures will be 3d printed. including the camera housing.
Still missing a bunch of details including the arm, el components and misc other things.
Not yet decided if I will run the motor cables through the frame or just ziptie them to the outside of the frame.

All comments and suggestions are more than welcome! ;)
Attachments
Render1.jpg
Render1.jpg (641.4 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
Render2.jpg
Render2.jpg (497.5 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
Render3.jpg
Render3.jpg (484.84 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
ltdcruze

Post by ltdcruze »

Nice thrusters! I was wondering if you could be so nice to post the cad files of your thrusters. I might 3d print some for my new ROV I'm working on!
a_shorething

Post by a_shorething »

Hi Ole!

Looks like you're making some great progress on your design. I just got some parts that should help me make some progress on my mag-couplers. Looks like lots of new developments in the thruster department (like that Kickstarter campaign Steve listed a couple of weeks ago) will make homebuilt ROVs as lot more available and affordable to many people.

Keep up the good work!

Mike
olegodo

Post by olegodo »

ltdcruze: Look at my first post in this thread. Updated with links to the files needed to make one of these thrusters.

a_shorething: Yes, the new developments, especially the BlueRobotics thrusters are very exiting stuff. Great work by them! If I had not already invested so much time and money in my own thruster ideas I would definitely invest in a set of BlueRobotics thrusters! Looking forward to see updates from your side!
Progress on my side has picked up quite a bit lately and I really like it! However I am now soon leaving on a 3week holiday so nothing will happen in the next 3-4weeks.
Also I have got something of a deadline I must (should) try to make as my girlfriend will move in in December/January. So just to make the whole moving in part as easy as possible I want to try and finish as much as possible before that. :)
ltdcruze

Post by ltdcruze »

Thanks for the download! Sorry to bother you again but can you also post your model of the Turnigy NTM Prop Drive Series 2836 750kv? I am going to make a modification to the thruster mount and I need the dimensions of the motor. Mine are on their way from China right now and I'm impatient...plus your model seems to be pretty accurate based on the thruster photos. Thanks again!
olegodo

Post by olegodo »

No problem. My model of the motor is now located in the same folder. Look for "2836 750KV.stp"
Should be accurate, but I can't guarantee it ;)

And please share your modifications! 8-)
scubersteve

Post by scubersteve »

you should totally post a video of your thruster test.
I would love to see it.
exciting stuff...

I must be a nerd.
olegodo

Post by olegodo »

I will, but it will be in a couple of weeks since I am on vacation <><
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Very nice Cad work on the thrusters. I started printing out a few of the pieces today and everything fits together very nice. Thank you for sharing your files.