on board metal detector

Other than control. (Navigation, Sonar, Ect.)
scubersteve

on board metal detector

Post by scubersteve »

Anyone put a metal detector on their rov?
Maybe part out a cheap one putting the circuit board in the rov, the coil outside(obviously), and just run the speaker topside via the tether.
Combine that with a dredge so you can uncover what you find and I think you would really have something.
I may have to look into that...
55meterrov

Re: on board metal detector

Post by 55meterrov »

Hi,Scubersteve.
Do not forget that some detectors may not work properly when the motor is running.

i am use translator.
Moose

Post by Moose »

Ho Scubersteve

Did you happen to progress this idea at all?

Moose
scubersteve

Post by scubersteve »

No, not yet.
I am easily distracted...
:?
SirVeyor

Post by SirVeyor »

Hi. I am currently looking into the same topic (one of the reasons why I joined the forum) and have hooked up with a tinkerer here in Germany who is building pulse induction detectors based on the barracuda design. Currently exploring the possibilities with him. Will keep y'all posted.

SV
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

SirVeyor wrote:Hi. I am currently looking into the same topic (one of the reasons why I joined the forum) and have hooked up with a tinkerer here in Germany who is building pulse induction detectors based on the barracuda design. Currently exploring the possibilities with him. Will keep y'all posted.

SV
Been playing with it myself. It's not only electrically noise that's a problem, but also the construction materials which will creation enough of a electrical field that gives false reads as the coil is moved thru the water. Especially with dissimilar metals mated together.
rovdude

Post by rovdude »

I don't know much about metal detectors, but they don't read High or Low right? They give an "analog" output, so, if one can tap in the sensor circuit, they can read the analog output with a micro controller, and find what the standard bias is from noise and materials, and ignore it.

But, that's probably a lot easier said than done.