Power and network connection to the ROV

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
fryslan76

Re: Power and network connection to the ROV

Post by fryslan76 »

Since I fried one of my units I went online looking for a replacement:

Found this on ebay.com keywords: powerline, hub result: Actiontec 500Mbps Powerline Ethernet Adapter & 4-Port Hub #:PWR514K01 ships from the US.
fryslan76

Post by fryslan76 »

In the local "Mediamarkt" they are now selling "TP-LINK TL-PA6030KIT Gigabit Powerline Adapter" which has also three ports per unit. The store has a webshop and can be found in several European countries. And the TP-link brand is not a one deal brand so I imaging it being available also a bit more abroad. Found them also on ebay, bit expensive.
fryslan76

Post by fryslan76 »

Oke has been a while since I posted some of my own work. But last week my neighbour was throwing away some working powerline adapters. So I decided to tear them apart, still like two strands of wire that better than a whole UTP cable. A las this was of course not such a nice split board and all messages on the OpenRov board are now without pictures since it moved to other forum software, no help there anymore. Will try to fix it anyway, found a video on youtube where it was working without additional power on the adapter. So I am going to try that first, and fry it afterwards :)
bigbadbob

Post by bigbadbob »

Good luck! :)
Let us know how it goes.
It's good to see more folk posting on here. maybe everyone has time on their hands just now.