Spektrum DX5e 2.4ghz / .10 Brushless motors / 30amp ESC/BEC

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
Mgbss

Re: Spektrum DX5e 2.4ghz / .10 Brushless motors / 30amp ESC/

Post by Mgbss »

Are all JR receivers DSC compatible? I have looked for a list but cant find one. My son has an older JR radio (no Mixing) but its on the flying freq 72 mhz so I would like to set up and test my ROV with this radio but will need to run it with the DSC meanwhile I think I will look for a 2.4 with the DSC port and run the Converter like Scubersteve mentioned.

Does anybody have any experience with the FlySky radios? I was looking at a few I think the specs stated it had the DSC port single pin Jack and produced a PPM signal I have looked a quite a few lately on the Web.

Anyway my speed controls should be here soon and I can start wiring and sorting things out.

Again thanks to everyone.
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

That's a good question. I have a crystal free corona Rx thats compatible with my 72Mhz Jr. I will make a patch cable and test it out tonight. If it works then any RX will work.
fireslayer26

Post by fireslayer26 »

Ok, I want to control my ROV with a setup like this. I just want to make sure I'm correct on how to wire it. I have the Flysky FS-TH9X radio http://www.helicopterpart.biz/flysky-fs ... p-379.html. Do I use a trainer port cord like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Expert-Electron ... 2a25956232

...and splice a 100' extension to it and run it to a receiver on the ROV? Which receiver would I need?

Then use 4 brushless motors (2 for forward and left/right turns, 1 for rise and 1 for submerge) and esc's for movement? Power everything with a 3S 12v lipo on board the ROV. I would also use some 12v LED lights and a 12v camera.
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Sorry for not getting back to this earlier. Not all RX's are DSC compatible. The crystal free RX's will not work.
Mgbss

Post by Mgbss »

Bikerbones

Thanks for the reply so my rx has a crystal so I will give it a try, did you make your own dsc harness or did you have the Jr specific one. I will look the Jr # up as well as look again at the diagram.

Getting any closer to finishing your project?

Thanks again
Mgbss

Post by Mgbss »

The Jr Harness # I came up with for DCS control for Jr radios

JR PA 132
JR PA 0001

One is the switch with plug in to the Rx and Rx Battery, the 2nd (jrpa132) plugs into the harness and into the back of the Transmitter (Tx- Radio)
fireslayer26

Post by fireslayer26 »

Well since I will be powering the receiver via an ESC BEC, I don't need the battery or switch, so I am bypassing that part and just extending the DSC cable that goes from the Transmitter to the receiver. Just plug the DSC cable into the Transmitter and the other end (via a servo wire) into the receiver.
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

fireslayer26 wrote:Well since I will be powering the receiver via an ESC BEC, I don't need the battery or switch, so I am bypassing that part and just extending the DSC cable that goes from the Transmitter to the receiver. Just plug the DSC cable into the Transmitter and the other end (via a servo wire) into the receiver.

BINGO you got it. The switch is not required but you must connect the PPM wire and the Ground wire (coming from the DSC port via 3.5mm Mono Jack) to the "BAT" servo pins on the DSC compatible RX. The JR R700 RX is a DSC compatible receiver, its the one I use. The "RED" wire or center pin on that port is not needed, Top Ground and Bottom Signal is all you need. If it doesn't work then switch the polarity of the servo pin you might have the ground and ppm reversed.
Mgbss

Post by Mgbss »

Fireslayer

Did you get yours working? My first try was a mis I am using a low end Jr Radio 4 channel S400 and RS600 receiver. The Tx has the DSC plug and when I plug a 3.5 pin in it it turns the lights on on the tx but I have no way of telling if its giving out a PPM signal also I don't know if that Rx DSC capable but it does have a Chrystal.

I will reverse my 2 wires tomorrow but I am thinking one or both are not DSC capable. But they are a set my son had lying around and I was hoping to get by with them at least through testing.

Also does anybody know if Fireslayer Flysky 9x is the same radio as the Turnigy 9x I have been looking at that for my project, But you had to find a JR DSC capable rx?
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

All those TX's are pretty much the same radios. They may have different firmware or a few cloned components but thats about it. If your radio flashed up when you connected the 3.5mm mono jack then you might have ppm out. I will try to grab the specs on your TX and RX and let you know if it is DSC capable. Standby update to follow............
Last edited by bikerbones1968 on Aug 29th, 2013, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.