More control software

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
zmzmbyu

More control software

Post by zmzmbyu »

Hello all,
I won't bore you all with the entire story but here's what i've got for my ROV. Original plan was to use a six channel rc radio hardwired to the rov, running rc motor controllers. Unfortunately i quickly ran out of channels and made the switch to a pc based system using a Parallax Propeller usb servo controller. However, im having some issues with the software to run it. I can run the servos and all with the parallax tester software, but from there im at a loss. I'd like to be able to select channels on the joystick (xbox controller) and pick which channels they run on the rov board. I have downloaded c++ and visual basic but from there im at a loss. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated! many thanks,
-Tanner

I am willing to try to learn visual basic or another language to program this thing with but I haven't had any luck so far and I only have another week to get this done. I could really use some help if anyone is interested...
sthone

Re: More control software

Post by sthone »

I think a week is going to be pretty quick to learn what you need, but try searching for a Parallax Forum, someone there might have a basic program that you can work off of all ready.

-Steve 8-)