Basic wiring -

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
Cornishkiwi

Basic wiring -

Post by Cornishkiwi »

Hey guys, excellent site!!

I'm rather new to the whole section of electronics, and apolgies for how novice i am haha. Half the reason i've started this project is to help increase my knowledge of elecrronics.however basically i was wondering if any one could help put it in laymans terms on how to wire accordingly?

Basically i have each motor, which connects to its each ESC, i understand that. I'm wondering where i go from there, as i keep reading about the arduinos, so can i link my ESCs straight into the arduino and have the power source into the arduino? Or do i have to power each ESC through a set of relays and then into the arduino on parallel?

Also the more i look into different designs and with in hobby sites Power distribution boards keep cropping up and BECs so im wondering in whether they need to be incorperated.

Basically I'm wondering how to power the 12v motor while being able to control speed and change the direction of the motor.

Apologies again for the novice question and thank you.

Keiron
Ian MacKenzie

Re: Basic wiring -

Post by Ian MacKenzie »

Check out the Control Systems/Tethers and the Thrusters sections. You can probably find all the info you need there.