Old Futaba FP-T5NH transmitter suitable?

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
rossrov

Re: Old Futaba FP-T5NH transmitter suitable?

Post by rossrov »

Yes, the tether length (and what it is made from) is a very important factor in how you go from here.
rovdownunder

Post by rovdownunder »

Thanks Bindo.

Question - you have dual thrusters on each side. I am just having one per side for now. My Turnigy 9X has arrived and we are learning to program it.

The transmitter is a Mode 2 default (the right stick Up/Down can be left in desired position - it has no 'springback').

We would like to leave the ROV in 'cruise control' - moving slowly along by itself (right stick UP) and make small adjustments left or right (right stick Left/Right), and make small adjustments to the vertical thruster (left stick Up/Down).

1. How do we wire the receiver/ESC/motors so that the right stick Up/Down operates both left and right thrusters simultaneously?
2. Can we then back off one of the thrusters when the right stick is moved slightly left or right?

Thanks for all your help!
Bindo

Post by Bindo »

Hi there,

if you connected the left motor to channel 3 (throttle) and the right motor to channel 1 (aileron) assuming you have the radio in the correct mode (mode 1)

the radio should be in ACRO model mode.

then assign a mix, Throttle as master (CH3) with Aileron as slave, 100% up and down, with i think a -100% offset. the throttle will control the left motor, and increase/decrease the motor speed as you steer

next mix, Aileron as master (CH1) with throttle as slave, 100% up and down, 100% offset.

there are tutorials online on youtube which are 100% better than anything i can write, if you search for "9x differential thrust" and "9x tank steer" you'll find plenty of guidance.

Channel 2 would be dive/surface, and i use channel 4 for my lateral thrusters.
rovdownunder

Post by rovdownunder »

Fantastic. Thanks Bindo.