Specific Transmitter Sticks

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
Cornishkiwi

Specific Transmitter Sticks

Post by Cornishkiwi »

Hi there

I'm wondering where the best place to buy transmitter sticks for my controller?? I'm looking for sticks that don't recoil back and hold position when let go. At the moment I can only seem to find ones on controllers, and would rather not go hunting for unused controllers just for the sticks. Also I would like them more joystick size (So along the same lines of an actual boat lever,but smaller) I'm sure there must be stuff out there of a similar nature however I cant seem to find any thing trawling through the internet. 2 way and ones well if possible.

Thank you

Keiron
asesorplaza1

Re: Specific Transmitter Sticks

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Good night from Spain.
In a Spanish forum for the manufacture of ships of all kinds, there is a section dedicated to RC ships, and within that section, there is a companion who makes a model of tugboat, and a control is made like that of real ships, and what he uses are linear potentiometers, to simulate the dashboard of the real ship , from page 15 tells you how to control the boat, I leave you the link for you to read, a greeting from Spain.

https://www.foromodelismonaval.es/viewt ... 10#p162014
Cornishkiwi

Post by Cornishkiwi »

Thank you, thats a really good idea!! definitely will be using.

Also I don't suppose any one would know where to get a potentiometer switch as a dial as well, however i want it to be centralised so if i turn the dial one way it will be a direction on the motor then return to centre and if i turn the other way will reverse the motor, so far every switch i have found comes with a second switch which you would flick for it to reverse. Or could this be done using the arduino board (going into a 2 way esc)

thanks
asesorplaza1

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Good morning
What you're reviewing about controlling the direction of an engine can be done with a potentiometer, regulating the control so that when you turn the potentiometer from the point zero to the right, the motor progressively turns in one direction to the maximum revs, and when you turn the potentiometer in the opposite direction, it slows down to zero , and then it rotates progressively in the opposite direction.
A greeting
Oddmar

Post by Oddmar »

For transmitter sticks i believe most can be modified easily by disassembling the Tx and unhooking the return spring, allowing you to position the stick and not have it spring back to center.

For the potentiometer control would a servo tester work for you? They can be had off ebay for $3 US or so. Look for the ones with a sliding switch on the side to select the mode, when powered up most start automatically cycling the servo, the servo testers with the side switch can be set to 'manual'.
asesorplaza1

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Good night
For Oddmar
It is not worth disassembling a joystick, there are other elements that can perform the same function without running the risk of breaking the joystick, most come thermoweld and disassembling them is quite difficult.
As for the servo tester, its function is to look for the mid/maximum/minimum points, not to control the servo, for that are the potentiometers, joysticks and controller plates.
Greetings.
Oddmar

Post by Oddmar »

As for the servo tester, It has three functions, selected by a slide switch on the side (if you get the right one). One of the functions, 'manual', moves the servo as you move the potentiometer on the servo tester. The pot is the same type as is used on joysticks and can be bypassed and the leads hooked to a joystick, giving you wired control of the servo.