I made a boo boo with my ESC

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
Erik102696

I made a boo boo with my ESC

Post by Erik102696 »

I was stupid and I didn't put electrical tape around the alligator clip attaching the battery pack to the ESC so when I set it down the two touching and made a huge spark. Im guessing its fried. When I try and control my motor it just chatters and won't start. Does this mean that it is fried?
kenl

Re: I made a boo boo with my ESC

Post by kenl »

I don't think that would have fried your ESC, might not have done your battery much good.

What are you controlling the motor with, a servo tester? Is this the first time you've run it or was it going before?
Erik102696

Post by Erik102696 »

I'm useing an arduino and a usb shield to controll it with a ps4 controller. It was working before. Right after the leads touched the motor worked. Now it's chattering. I went to charge the battery and it said it was fully charged so I don't know if it is a battery issue or what it is.
kenl

Post by kenl »

It's a bit hard to say, do you have an alternative power supply to try, even a car battery?

Can you cycle your battery on your charger? In other words dis charge and recharge?
Erik102696

Post by Erik102696 »

i tried hooking it up to a car battery. it went and spun a little then started chattering again.
kenl

Post by kenl »

Um the only other thing I would suggest is trying to reprogram the ESC if that option is available.
Erik102696

Post by Erik102696 »

This is the ESC

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/sto ... verse.html

It is possible to program the ESC but I don't know what part of it I should program. Do you think you could help me out with that?
scubersteve

Post by scubersteve »

did you buy the program card?
kenl

Post by kenl »

Hi Erik,

I have the same ESC, i use a program card but it can be done manually using the little white button on it and I think it may need to be connected to a radio and Rx. Check the manual it is available under the files tab on that link.

In the mean time if it were me I would also order a program card for the Hobbyking ESC, and probably a similar ESC, just in case yours is Kaput.
Erik102696

Post by Erik102696 »

I did order another ESC but it seems that these ones are in really high demand because they are always on back order :evil: ! But I will look into programing it and let you know what I find.
Thanks