ROV-Control V3

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
ROVER3D

Re: ROV-Control V3

Post by ROVER3D »

it is ready for use :D

at current state there is no API planned but your suggestions are welcome.
we are still in development for new functions and many updates will come in the next years.
ROVER3D

Post by ROVER3D »

NCUWI

Post by NCUWI »

Thanks, downloaded and gave it a spin. I'm running Windows 8.1 and when I launched your installer, Windows stopped it. I was able to bypass the warning and complete the installation, but you may want to check into that. I can see that it would take quite a bit of experimenting to figure out all the functions, but from the looks of it this seems to be a very complete system. One question though, what does "Nick" mean? Do you mean "Pitch" instead?

EDIT: One thing came to mind regarding the installer. I seem to remember this error whenever you download a file as a ".exe". If you post it as a ".zip" instead the error should go away.
stx2006

Post by stx2006 »

Are you selling these? If so how much?
ROVER3D

Post by ROVER3D »

Hello,

you're right i will change "nick" to "pitch".

I've uploaded the ROV-CONTROL V3 Demo Download (.zip):

http://www.rov-control.com/download/Rov ... _Setup.zip
Are you selling these?
Get the X³-CONTROL including the ROV-CONTROL V3 license
http://www.rov-control.com/shop/en
NCUWI

Post by NCUWI »

Still get a warning message, but it's a Google Chrome warning:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... hl=en&rd=1

I've seen this warning before and often times it has nothing to do with viruses or malware, but instead the last reason " Uncommon: You tried downloading an unfamiliar and potentially dangerous piece of software. ". The fix is to follow the instructions at the bottom of that page to notify Google and get your website / software off their malware list.
olegodo

Post by olegodo »

Hi ROVER3D,

Would it be possible to add support for something that can expand the number of PWM channels on the board?

Something like the Adafruit 16-Channel PWM board maybe? It uses I2c, so I guess it would all be down to the software side.
https://www.adafruit.com/products/815

This would enable to have pan/tilt servos or whatever else one would need.
In my build I am using 6 thrusters, 3 brushless motors for manipulator and one servo. This means that I would potentially need have to have two separate systems, one for thrusters and a separate system for the manipulator and servo.

Just a thought/question ;)
ROVER3D

Post by ROVER3D »

Hey,

at the moment there are only the 8 pwm channels + 16 thruster channels for BlueESC T100/T200 Thruster coming up with software-update in september.
There are plans to support an expandable pwm/manipulator-solution, but not this year.
NCUWI

Post by NCUWI »

@ROVER3D - Your boards and software look very well done and I am considering using them for a build I am planning. My biggest issue, and what keeps me from buying your boards, is that the software is closed source. The problem with closed source is that if you should ever stop development or abandon this project, bug fixes and enhancements would stop. Would you consider opening the source, at least to those who have purchased your hardware?
olegodo

Post by olegodo »

Thanks for the answers ROVER3D.

Great to see that support for this is already planned.