ROV-Control V3

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
ROVER3D

Re: ROV-Control V3

Post by ROVER3D »

How soon do you believe voltage board is going to be ready?Do you know any other voltage boards that are compatible with rov control board in the market ?
I hope in february 2015
I can adjust the slider for thruster 1 and set it, either in a + or - value. If I set thruster 1 to +50, what would this do?
Thruster 1 would run with half power (50% at 100% axis value... 25% at 50% axis value)
Would a full movement on the joystick limit the thruster to 50%?
Yes.
And if so, how whould this thruster behave when I move the joystick in the other direction?
It would run in the other direction with the power you set up by the thruster-slider.
You can also enable "invert"(-direction)for better logically configuration.
Are you planning on adding any additional servo channels to the board in the near future?
I will test T100 Thruster with I2C soon. Then it would be possible to use I2C for Thruster and the eight PWM-Channels for servos or else.
Anyone have any video of the interface working with a ROV out of curiosity?
Me and a friend with total different ROVs... both controlled by X³-Control.
rovmeet.jpg
rovmeet.jpg (336.14 KiB) Viewed 8177 times
rovmeet2.jpg
rovmeet2.jpg (250.42 KiB) Viewed 8177 times
ROVER3D

Post by ROVER3D »

Black Friday Sale:

Order X³-Control set for only $240.34 (excl. TAX) until Friday, 28 Nov.2014 - 23:59h Pacific Time
ROVER3D

Post by ROVER3D »

...now its time to start a new dimension of diving robots.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rov- ... ing-robots
Last edited by ROVER3D on Apr 25th, 2015, 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
brunomaxs

Post by brunomaxs »

Hi all.
I am intrest in the X3 software and will download the demo,bud get the 404 ERROR . Is the site down ???
ROVER3D

Post by ROVER3D »

Hi brunomaxs,

the old demo ist offline. I will upload the new Demo when it is ready.. still working on it. Be patient.
brunomaxs

Post by brunomaxs »

O.k. Bud I like to now how it work,so if you wil sendt my the old ver. off the demo . Off is the new Ver. is very diffrend.
ROVER3D

Post by ROVER3D »

Please visit my new webshop
http://www.rov-control.com/shop/en
NCUWI

Post by NCUWI »

Looks very interesting! I may want to use this for my next build, a couple questions:

- It looks like you're using RS-485 for control and baluns for video, but the units connect using an ethernet cable? Are you using 2x twisted pairs (one for RS-485 and one for video) or are you using all 4x twisted pairs?

- What software comes with this? Is there a demo I can look at?

- How easy is the software to configure for different thruster arrangements? I'm thinking of using 2x horizontal thrusters and 2x vertrans thrusters, similar to the Seamor Steelhead ROV:

- Are the compass and depth sensors included in the "X3 Control Set"? Are they a plug and play addition?

Thanks
ROVER3D

Post by ROVER3D »

Hey,

yes using two pair for full duplex rs485 and 2x one pair for the two videosignals.

Demo coming the next days.

Be sure - you can configure EACH thruster arrangement you want to realize. You can configure the power of each of the eight channels for each axis/movement. I'am working on the documentation for thuster-setup and hopefully many things are easy to understand...
NCUWI

Post by NCUWI »

Is there an API so we can expand on your code for our project?

What is the current state of the software? Is it 100% ready for use (sensor code, etc)?