ROV-Control V3

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
ROVER3D

Re: ROV-Control V3

Post by ROVER3D »

Coming up in Okt'2015
ROV-CONTROL 2CH VIDEO/DATA FIBER OPTIC CONVERTER
Control your X³-CONTROL and two video-channels over ONE cheap and lightweight fiber optic
rovcontrolfiberoptic.jpg
rovcontrolfiberoptic.jpg (261.58 KiB) Viewed 10818 times
MNDeepROV

Post by MNDeepROV »

Can't wait to see the product! Another great addition.
ROVER3D

Post by ROVER3D »

Connecting the X³-Control
rehoward

Post by rehoward »

Hello Rover 3D. Very nice looking X3 product. I have a few questions for you.

Just how "cheap" is the fiber optic cable? I assume it replaces the Cat cable? Is the fiber optic cable feature now part of the X3 control package? I assume a weight bearing cable would still be needed for raising and lowering the ROV?

Thanks.

Randy
ROVER3D

Post by ROVER3D »

Hey Randy,
thanks for compliment.

You can use normal fiber patch-cables as used for network components. Only specification
FC/FC (socket), Multimode(mm) 50/125µm or 60/125µm.

Price for duplex cables(two wires- can be separate) and coupled.
1m € 8,95
3m € 9,95
5m € 11,95
10m € 14,95
30m € 27,95
50m € 39,95

couple(single) 4,99€
*plus shipping

The fiber system is not part of the X³-Control package.

Regards,
Andreas
ROVER3D

Post by ROVER3D »

Long time searching for suitablte touchscreen-solution reached to an end...
As ROV-CONTROL Software is developed for touchscreen, now there is a cheap and smart solution to control with a tablet pc - for only 69€ (tablet only). No need of control-pc and other components except video-monitor for live video-feed.
tablet+x3-labeled1.png
tablet+x3-labeled1.png (679.21 KiB) Viewed 10249 times
The smart ROV-CONTROL Setup: 7" Tablet-PC with Windows 10 and ROV-CONTROL V3 Software,
connected to USB-HUB with 2,4Ghz receiver for wireless gamepad and USB-DATA for connetion to ROV(X³-CONTROL).
Also possible Bluetooth-connection from tablet to X³-CONTROL with bluetooth-module connected (for configuration and testing - no need of connecting cable)

ROV-CONTROL...explore new worlds
westaussie

Post by westaussie »

Does anyone know what happened to rov-control? Website is now offline. Or does anyone have an old system they no longer need/want?
MNDeepROV

Post by MNDeepROV »

Wish I knew! I have a unit. Had to table the project for a while, but am back at it. I had lost the software to run it....but was able to connect with the manufacturer. If anyone needs it, let me know!
Bubbles

Post by Bubbles »

MNDeepROV wrote:Wish I knew! I have a unit. Had to table the project for a while, but am back at it. I had lost the software to run it....but was able to connect with the manufacturer. If anyone needs it, let me know!
Could you please give me the manufacturer infos.
I have stop my project since I face some problems with hardware/software and no true help from
Rov-control support.
Thank you
MNDeepROV

Post by MNDeepROV »

Hi Bubbles, sorry for the delay. I sent a note to the company stating you had posted a need for their contact info but it doens't look like they've responded publicly. Ever hear anything from them? I can certainly send you the email address I used if you still need it. I'll probably pm it to you, so that SPAM'ers don't pick it up with there scanning.

Good news is that ROV-Control may not be gone forever, at least that's what I'm told. Hope to see them resurface soon! I'd also be interested in what issues you may be having...because I may run into them soon. Maybe we can start a section for X3-Control users...especially if they resurface.