PPM signal on RC radio

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
Mgbss

PPM signal on RC radio

Post by Mgbss »

For those that are running a RC radio and using the DSC port to control there ROV, has anybody had it shut down or get glitchy after say 15 minutes or so?

I am running a JR radio with a 700 JR Rx and have had it go glitchy or stop completely after 15-25 minutes every time I run it. I first thought I had a bad connection in my plug in at the back of the ROV, but have since reworked all of that.(no problems found) I also thought it might be getting wet and somehow crossing the pins but this last time I was using the Video feed and the picture was still perfect while nothing attached to the RX would work.

Each time I pulled it out of the water and Unplugged the DSC plug and ran it off of the antenna with no issues what so ever.

I am wondering if the Radio or the Rx are getting hot or somehow just breaking down on the DSC circuit, but the same radio and Rx work perfect when I unplug the DSC from the RX and just run on the Antenna.

Any thoughts
bikerbones1968

Re: PPM signal on RC radio

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Man its been a long time since I have been on the forums. Good to be back here :) Anyway did you ever get this sorted out Mg? I cant foresee why your system would be acting like that. The radio should not be overheating because when you plug into the DSC jack your essentially shutting off the RF module in the TX and not consuming much power at all so not creating heat.