Custom ROV Circuit Board - Arduino Based

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
SSN626B

Re: Custom ROV Circuit Board - Arduino Based

Post by SSN626B »

@Oldsirhippy,
Location of Nick's website: https://sites.google.com/site/underwaterrovproject/
Go to the Online Store tab at the bottom of the page to order your boards.
Regards,
TCIII/SSN626B
njs552

Post by njs552 »

Hi,

@SSN626B Thank you and yes - I made that using google forms which is not as advanced as I would like. I will see if I can change that.

Go ahead and send me an email at njs552@gmail.com with the full order. And yes it is through PayPal, that seems to work best.

@oldsirhippy SSN626B got there first!

Thanks,
Nick
SSN626B

Post by SSN626B »

@Nick,
No problem, glad to be of help.
Regards,
TCIII/SSN626B
Oldsirhippy

Post by Oldsirhippy »

@SSN626B

Thanks for Nick's URL to his web site.
jonnyhas

Post by jonnyhas »

Gents,

Here Videoray's function mapping for ps2 type joy pad.

http://download.videoray.com/documentat ... oller.html
kenl

Post by kenl »

@Nick, are you using 5v to your PS2 controller on your topside board? When I tried that on my test setup it was quite glitchy, although I have read that it varies from controller to controller.

AS you know I only ordered the bottom side board :cry: and now in an effort to get back in the water I'm making a topside board on a breadboard using the promini. It wasn't until last night soldering away that I realised that I didn't have 3v.

I'm using a Hobby king converter for topside 5v, I had it lying around so it was a easy option.

Another trap for the untrained is to order a FTDI usb programing chip to you can upload your sketch to the promini, it can be done using an UNO too but is a bit of a hassle, THIS is the guide I used.
SSN626B

Post by SSN626B »

Hi All,
I believe that Nick is shipping product as I just received an email notice that he is shipping my boards on Monday:-)
Regards,
TCIII/SSN626B
NCUWI

Post by NCUWI »

Hi Nick,
If you're still monitoring this thread please drop me a line. I'd like to order some boards if available.
Paul
SSN626B

Post by SSN626B »

Hi All,
Well I finally got around to testing Nick's two assembled boards that I bought early last year.

As expected they worked right out of the box as the two Arduion Nanos were preprogrammed with the necessary Topside and ROV Control firmware.
I also bought two bare pwbs, but they came without a parts list. So far Nick has been unresponsive to request for a parts list for both boards.

Since this thread has died, I have been wondering if anyone else purchased Nick's ROV control boards and if so what has been your experience with them.

I have tried using both axes on each of the the PS2 controller joysticks, but the physical construction precludes accurate joystick output when the stick is between the extreme ends. I had wanted to have forward/backwards and left/right yaw on the right joystick, but the best that I can get is around 190 for forward and 60 for reverse which is a range of ~120 or about half of 255. The same goes for the yaw output. The single axis on the PS2 joystick will output ~0 to ~250.

I think that I will look into a good set of RC joysticks when I build my next generation ROV controller system.

Has anyone else had any luck modifying Nicsk's firmware?

Regards,
TCIII/SSN626B