Custom ROV Circuit Board - Arduino Based

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
njs552

Re: Custom ROV Circuit Board - Arduino Based

Post by njs552 »

@jwad7215: I do not have any more boards, but I am going to be sending another PCB order because several people have asked me after I ran out of boards. If you are interested please PM me and I will let you know when the next order is available.

@roberto83: I use the HobbyKing 30A ESC's. I am using 750kv brushless R/C motors, so they require a brushless ESC. http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... verse.html

Thanks,
Nick
SSN626B

Post by SSN626B »

@njs552,
Have you decided not to make anymore pwbs as I have pmed you and have not received a response?
I am really impressed by the layout of your pwb and it would save me from having to hack up an Arduino Shield to perform the same functions.
Regards,
TCIII
njs552

Post by njs552 »

Hi SSN626B,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I have been pretty busy these last few days.

I have not done the 2nd order yet because I decided instead to have my Surface Interface board made first. Now that I have that done and working, I am going to order another batch of boards, so if I order them next week they will be here the first week of December.

I will do a follow up post once I have them. Depending on when everything comes together I think I will have everything ready somewhere around December 7th.

Thanks,
Nick
SSN626B

Post by SSN626B »

Hi Nick,
Thanks for getting back to me. Much appreciated.
I really like your designs and your pwbs will really speed up getting my ROV in the water.
I have worked with the Atmega Pro Mini and happen to have two of them in my mcu parts box.
Are you planning on selling both boards, one for the ROV and one for the surface?
If so, I would like to buy both.
Regards,
TCIII/SSN626B
njs552

Post by njs552 »

Hi,

Thanks, and yes - I will be selling both boards. I am waiting on more components before I start assembling topside boards, because I underestimated how many boards I will sell and have ran out of components a few times.

I will make sure to post here when they are available.

Thanks,
Nick
SSN626B

Post by SSN626B »

@Nick,

Sounds great. Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Will be looking forward to using your boards to get going.

Regards,
TCIII/SSN626B
Lost Bob

Post by Lost Bob »

Nick, very nice work! A few questions :

1) Are the rov board and esc both powered off the 12V battery ? If so, do you have to cut the red wire from the esc to the board or can you just plug the harness in as is ( all 3 wires connected ) ?

2) Have you thought about some kind of on-screen display for a laptop so you can see your sensor readings ? For example , if I wanted to add a tilt-compensated compass and see the compass heading on my laptop.

This might be what my wife is getting me for x-mas. Man, is she going to be surprized.

-Bob
njs552

Post by njs552 »

Hi,

1) Yes - supply voltage is 8-12v. You can plug the whole servo connector from the ESC into the board. The red wire(center pin) is not connected to anything on the board.

2) Right now I have a video overlay board in one version of my code, so that I can put sensor readings and such on top of the video display.

I haven't spent too much more time on my software recently because I have been working on making my main pressure housing, but I am going to pick up some sensors and play with those soon and how to display those onscreen.

Let me know - if you want a board I have a webpage where you can put down your name. Or send me an email at njs552@gmail.com

Thanks,
Nick
SSN626B

Post by SSN626B »

Hi Nick,
Just ordered two assembled boards. Will it be possible to order bare boards also?
The order form would not let me order both complete and bare boards.
Will you be accepting Paypal for payment?
Regards,
TCIII/SSN626B
Oldsirhippy

Post by Oldsirhippy »

Hi Nick,

Where is your web page located please?