Collector?

Grippers, Grabbers, Cutters, Dredges, and any other Tools we can bolt on.
explorer98

Collector?

Post by explorer98 »

On top of exploring and diving, I am also very involved in the aquarium trade, so is there a way that I can build something to collect fish, shrimp, snails eggs, plants etc? I don't want to harm them so gentle tools are better, and I will collect wildlife legally ;) Thanx! :D
scubersteve

Re: Collector?

Post by scubersteve »

I would think that you want a vacuum device that sucks things into a reservoir...
Some sort of venturi pump setup and a screened receptacle.
Just my thoughts
explorer98

Post by explorer98 »

Yes that is similar to what I was thinking:) I don't know how to make a powerful enough vaccuum though :l
sthone

Post by sthone »

You could make something similar to this dredge, it could easiely be modified with a a bigger nozzle up front and a catch bag on the back to bag the fish. (assuming you can get close enough to suck them up :) )

-Steve :sting:
explorer98

Post by explorer98 »

Thanx! I didnt think about adapting the dredge to do that! haha and yes it would be hard to get close ;) do you think it would be powerful enough though to pick up snails and stuff like that? :l
sthone

Post by sthone »

Using one made of 2" pipe I was able to suck up golf balls so I don't see why it could handle a snail, although I don't know how well those little suckers can hold on. :lol:

explorer98

Post by explorer98 »

That's amazing! Snails can hold on pretty tight though! ;) haha I will definitely try it though!
sthone

Post by sthone »

Now that I think about it I think I have video of me picking up snails with my manipulator. :lol:

nitelife222

Post by nitelife222 »

sthone wrote:Now that I think about it I think I have video of me picking up snails with my manipulator. :lol:

I know for sure that you have picked up an aluminum can! :)