Weapons?

Grippers, Grabbers, Cutters, Dredges, and any other Tools we can bolt on.
explorer98

Weapons?

Post by explorer98 »

What can I mount on an ROV that is not lethal, but could deter people and animals? I am going to summer camp and there is a huge lake and a river feeding it that I want to explore, but am worried about stupid teenagers messing with my rov or its tether, and I want it to stay safe. I was thinking some type of electric weapon? Like maybe something that when activated could give a small shock. i want people to get the message to not touch my rov, so what could I use? no spearguns btw ;) Thanx all!
jpWA

Re: Weapons?

Post by jpWA »

Humans are mostly saltwater, so they conduct better than water in the lake, so you could use the same concept as an electric fence, but you would have to have one part of the circuit grounded somehow. I'm now sure if it would be grounded to the lake water or lake bed
ROVEnthusiast

Post by ROVEnthusiast »

You could paint your rov and tether in red or something and have a lot of visible sharp and jutting edges. Make it seem less appealing to mess with due to possible injury for handiling it.
Last edited by ROVEnthusiast on Jun 28th, 2013, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ROVEnthusiast

Post by ROVEnthusiast »

Easiest solution would be to keep an eye on it and warn anyone nearby of its presence (and that it is not to be messed with).
dna1990

Post by dna1990 »

I would not operate a ROV in the presence of any nearby swimmers. Entanglement of both them and your ROV is a real risk. Even when we are pool testing, the guys want to get out there with it...but we keep it to one camera person and one rescue person at a time...I am always on them to keep their distance.
Dace

Post by Dace »

I use a VHF noise generator that puts out 15-20Khz that really annoys teens. When I'm studying and my girls come in and make noise I kick that on and they leave. Its like a sonic mosquito repellent. Adults can't usually hear anything above 15Khz (or at least I can't) so we're not effected. I've used this outside and in the classroom, works very well. Google it and you will find many designs on it.
Billrose

Post by Billrose »

Try wrapping it with barbed wire. Real jaggy stuff.

The only trouble would be blood in the water...