Solenoid Help

Grippers, Grabbers, Cutters, Dredges, and any other Tools we can bolt on.
jakaprocki

Solenoid Help

Post by jakaprocki »

Hey guys, I need a waterproof solenoid that has about 1.0" throw to push the trigger brackets. I have lots of room to mount the solenoid to the frame. I designed the motor blades housing and made a mold as the picture shows. Let me know if you need one. The frame was made out of Bamboo. Cool Stuff! the ROV works well but as you can see need to change out the Speaker Wire for something better. Any ideas? Thinking about Sprinkler wire. The camera is a Home depot security system. Any better ideas for a camera? Would like to have it hooked up to a Laptop.

1) I am retired 40 year CNC programmer and own 3 CNC router machines. If you need something milled call me.
2) I own a seat of Solidworks and offer free CAD design work. Now if you get rich on the design I want a new Grady White boat (any color will do)
3) I also offer free Flat Pattern Layout of your boat design surfaces. Just send me your iges file. Or I can design your ROV too. I have designed over 12 full size boats including a 28 & 32 fishing boat.

Thanks for you help. John
Attachments
0819171604a.jpg
0819171604a.jpg (56.96 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
0819171648.jpg
0819171648.jpg (64.76 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
sthone

Re: Solenoid Help

Post by sthone »

(I Moved your thread to a more appropriate section)

That's pretty crazy looking :shock: but very cool..... I'm guessing lionfish hunter?

Just quick off the top of my head for the trigger... instead of a solenoid how about a cam attached to a geared motor so when the motor spins the cam pushes the trigger back? I did something similar on a duel mounted paintball guns a long time ago and it worked well.

-Steve