Who Sells PVC Pipe In Heavy Wall?

Waterproof Housing, Frames, and Buoyancy Methods.
rehoward

Re: Who Sells PVC Pipe In Heavy Wall?

Post by rehoward »

[quote="Mgbss"]The gimball I have converted for my rov is a pan tilt for a Boss Camera it has 2 mini servos and wasn't to bad to adapt a different camera to"

Mgbss,

Thanks for your reply. Could you be more specific please regarding the model of pan-tilt device and where I can find it? I did a search on "Boss camera" and got a lot of hits but nothing very usable. Need some help here.

Randy
Mgbss

Post by Mgbss »

Randy
Sorry for wrong spelling try "Boscam hd19 plus" check google. Fleabay ect.

Not sure how to post a link here.

I was thinking of trying the camera but it has some bad reviews as well as said to not be good in low light. Like I said I was able to mount a small board camera in it but it is a little to big for a 4" ID hull 5" or more I think i would work great in

Joe
rehoward

Post by rehoward »

Hey Joe,

I have been experimenting with a $20 Sony cam that I bought from Supercircuits.com. It is a pinhole cam but it has decent resolution and great low light specs, .0001 LUX rating. I have it set up in my living room and even at night with all house lights off except the kitchen light (kitchen light is many feet away and blocked by two doorways) it still produces a recognizable image.

I have the output wired to an old 15"computer LCD screen and for 48 hours it produced an acceptable image. Then something changed, I don't know what. It now produces a good image for maybe 3 hours. Then the display goes black and starts this weird thing where it begins to show the camera image starting vertically, in the middle of the screen, and then progresses outward both left and right. Then poof no image and it starts over again. I haven't been able to figure out if it is the cam or the interface module that allowed me to put the video out into my monitor. The module is this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VL ... ge_o00_s01
It uses a composite video in signal.

Maybe you have some trouble shooting ideas?

Randy
Mgbss

Post by Mgbss »

That stinks

My first guess is the camera is getting hot or something and shutting down. If you have some other RCA devise you could run it through the monitor to eliminate the monitor as the problem

I guess I misunderstood about you still needing a camera gimble on your drop camera. On my ROV I run a cctv cable that has Pwr, Video and sound I use the the sound wire for my RC signal off of the DSC Jack on my Airplane radio this controls the 6 channel receiver in my Rov that controls my servos and speed controls

Good luck with the camera issue, you might call the seller as to what might be the problem
Joe
rehoward

Post by rehoward »

Mgbss wrote:That stinks

My first guess is the camera is getting hot or something and shutting down. If you have some other RCA devise you could run it through the monitor to eliminate the monitor as the problem

I guess I misunderstood about you still needing a camera gimble on your drop camera. On my ROV I run a cctv cable that has Pwr, Video and sound I use the the sound wire for my RC signal off of the DSC Jack on my Airplane radio this controls the 6 channel receiver in my Rov that controls my servos and speed controls

Good luck with the camera issue, you might call the seller as to what might be the problem
Joe
This is all pretty new to me. So as I understand it you are using the cctv cable sound wire as a signal wire from your RC transmitter via the DSC jack? And then that hard wired signal goes to the ROV? And then the cable signal is hard wired to some sort of 6 channel receiver inside the ROV? Like I say, getting a grip on terminology is probably the biggest issue for me right now. Can you buy a cctv cable that would survive salt water submersion? I had planned to use a 1/8" SS steel cable for any load bearing/hauling up duties.

I still need a gimble for my camera. One possibility is for me to build one. I can do that but by the time I machine parts and find servos and drivers that play nice together it probably would make more sense to buy something that has already been engineered. I would like to use 12VDC batteries as power for the drop cam and have everything; camera, LED lights, and gimble be powered by it without having to use several batteries of different voltages. If I were able to purchase a 12VDC gimble that I could attach a variety of cams to that probably would be best for test purposes.

Randy