Threaded PVC end caps- waterproof?

Waterproof Housing, Frames, and Buoyancy Methods.
bikerbones1968

Re: Threaded PVC end caps- waterproof?

Post by bikerbones1968 »

If the jig is a little too tight to spin your pipe knock off a little wood with some sand paper and use wd40 for lubricant if required. The router bit of choice is a 1/2" flat bit. Now line up the outer edge of your pipe directly over the bit ensuring the entire surface will be in contact with the bit and clamp down the jig to your router table.
Attachments
sqauring the face.jpg
sqauring the face.jpg (100.98 KiB) Viewed 4948 times
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

No mater how uneven your pipe is when you start, you will be only taking down the high spots. As you gradualy make the surface flat you can adjust the bit height so that your taking off less than the thickness of a piece of paper. I hope this helps.

Anthony
james sowell

Post by james sowell »

nice u should post this in the shop tools thread
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

I plan to post the entire build once completed from start to finish in detail. I still have a ton of work to do. I have my DSC radio controller, ESC's, motors, servo for camera tilt, lights control relay, DC to DC LED power supply, video monitor, camera, battery setup all mocked up on the work bench. It looks like a rats nest of wires and components but everything is tested and working. Next I need to make LED light enslosures, motor mounts and kort nozzles for the thrusters.
james sowell

Post by james sowell »

cool i got 2 dive flashlights and im going to try 2.4 radio i have camera working
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Does your radio have channel mixing options and does it have DSC?
james sowell

Post by james sowell »

its a futba 8fg all the bells and wistles dont know what the dsc is i have 72 mhz also hey do u strip one wire back on the cat5 on tx & rx end did not know if that whould help or not
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Thats why I asked about DSC function. DSC (direct servo control) equiped radios have a 1/8 jack on the back sometimes called a trainer port. Using the DSC port shuts down the transmitter. The transmitter then sends the signal to the receiver via a pair of wires rather than transmitting over the air. Radio waves dont travel through water very far. I am not sure how successfull anyone has been trying to extend the antenna on a conductor. I have read a few posts on here that they made it work but as far as how well I am not sure. It goes against my understanding of how radio antennas operate so I avoided that experiment all together and looked for a DSC radio.
james sowell

Post by james sowell »

ok i have it backwards then i thought the transmitted signal ran down the wire but yes it has a trainer plug so u just tap into the trainer port ppm i think do u tie it into the rec?
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

With my radio (JR XP6102) the special DSC cord plugs into the back of the radio transmitter and the other end plugs directly into the receiver battery terminal. Mine is set up like this:
Attachments
DSC setup.jpg
DSC setup.jpg (96.39 KiB) Viewed 4944 times